Nestlé USA’s Pizza Division announced yesterday the voluntary recall of select production codes of four different frozen pizzas sold in the U.S. These include:
- California Pizza Kitchen (CPK) Crispy Thin Crust White®, UPC 71921 98745; production codes are 3062525951, 3062525952 and 3063525951.
- California Pizza Kitchen® Limited Edition Grilled Chicken with Cabernet Sauce, UPC 71921 00781; production code is 3059525952.
- DiGiorno® Crispy Flatbread Pizza Tuscan Style Chicken, UPC 71921 02663; production codes are 3057525922 and 3058525921.
- DiGiorno® pizzeria!™ Bianca/White Pizza, UPC 71921 91484; production code is 3068525951.
The company says that the voluntary recall is limited to frozen pizzas with these specific production codes, which were distributed nationwide. No other production codes/dates, sizes or varieties of CALIFORNIA PIZZA KITCHEN or DIGIORNO pizzas are affected by this recall.
The reason for the recall is that the pizza may contain fragments of clear plastic. Nestlé is taking this action after a small number of consumers reported that they had found small fragments of plastic on the CPK Crispy Thin Crust White pizza.
Nestlé said the fragments are from a particular lot of spinach they received from one of their suppliers. Although no complaints have been received to date on the other three varieties that used this spinach, Nestlé is recalling these additional varieties in an abundance of caution.
All the pizzas being recalled were produced during February and March of this year. Because Nestlé USA delivers pizzas in the U.S. directly to retailer freezer cases, they have already instructed their direct store delivery team to begin removing pizzas affected by this recall at retail locations nationwide. Nestlé added that it is also are working together with its retail partners to ensure that these varieties are removed from freezer shelves nationwide.
To locate the production codes for these specific pizzas, the consumer simply needs to look for a blue or pink rectangular box on one of the side panels of the pizza box. The production code is on the second line of the printed code and is the first ten digits of the number. Consumers should look for the following production codes:
- CPK Crispy Thin Crust White: 3062525951, 3062525952 and 3063525951.
- CPK Limited Edition Grilled Chicken with Cabernet Sauce: 3059525952.
- DiGiorno Crispy Flatbread Pizza Tuscan Style Chicken: 3057525922 and 3058525921.
- DiGiorno pizzeria! Bianca/White Pizza: production code is 3068525951.
Consumers who may have purchased the recalled CPK and DIGIORNO pizzas with the identified production codes should not consume the pizza, but instead should contact Nestlé USA Consumer Services at 800-456-4394 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further instructions.
Hours of operation are Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., E.T. and this Saturday, May 4th from 12 noon – 8 p.m. E.T.. Nestlé will provide a replacement coupon to reporting consumers and also may make arrangements to retrieve the pizza for further examination.